Tuning Up Your Job Campaign
A. Status Update
- Reviewing and appreciating what you have accomplished at this point in your job campaign.
- Expectations and concerns regarding your job campaign.
- Major challenges you face in moving your job campaign forward.
- Major opportunities related to your job campaign that you are exploring or considering at this time.
B. Tuning Up
- Level of commitment at this time regarding your job and career objectives.
- Running your numbers (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Phone calls (making/receiving)
- Responding to leads, contacts, job postings, job fairs, job websites, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Generating leads (phone/internet/social media/in-person.
- Informational/advice meetings (follow-up)
- Networking meetings attending
- Referral (given/follow-up on)
- Contact list (generating/follow up)
- Target Companies List (Industries/Companies want to contact)
- Jobs applied for (follow –up)
- Jobs interviewed for (follow-up)
- Job offers (Accept/reject)
- Amount of time spent daily/weekly/monthly on your job campaign.
- Amount of time spent on above aspects of your job campaign.
- Amount of time spent on preparation, documentation and organization for job campaign effectiveness and efficiency.
C. Lifestyle Considerations related to impact on campaign.
- How well designating and structuring your time and schedule related you your campaign.
- How well balancing Job campaign and personal life.
- How well self-regulating
- Eating patterns
- Physical activities or exercise
- Recreational activities
- Social activities
- Avoiding alcohol and drugs
- Monitoring energy level, emotional states, and time use.
Copyright 2012, Tuning Up Your Job Campaign by M. Douglas Evans, All Rights Reserved.